Why should my program seek accreditation?
- Accreditation helps students and their parents choose quality college programs
- Accreditation enables employers to recruit they know are well-prepared
- Accreditation is used by registration, and certification boards to screen appliants
- Accreditation provides you a structured mecanism to assess, evaluate, and improve the quality of your program
How can the deparment fail the accreditation and what will be the implications for this?
- The program offered by the Chemical Engineering Department has to fulfill several criteria, which involve the student, the faculty, educational objectives, program outcomes, the facilities of the department and institutional support. Depending on the status on each criterion, the department can get different "grades" from ABET (concerns, weaknesses or deficiencies). A deficiency implies failing the accredation and losing all the recognition described in the previous question
How can I help my department obtain its accreditation?
- Students can help our department responding to each of the evaluations requested:
- Course EvaluationsAt the end of each semester
- Coop EvaluationsAt the end of coop experience
- Exit InterviewCommencement Day
- Alumni InterviewA few years after graduation