To develop a strong Chemical Engineering Program focused on research, services and on educating students coming from all socioeconomic levels to convert them in professionals competitive at a worldwide level and knowledgeable of their social responsibility. To become a Department that harmonizes high quality education and a strong research program to provide world competitive graduates.
The educational objectives for the Chemical Engineering undergraduate program are as follows:
- Our graduates will be able to apply basic principles of science and engineering to modern chemical technology.
- Our graduates will be able to apply problem solving skills, design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Our graduates will be able to design systems, components, or processes within realistic constraints such as economic, social, ethical, environmental, health and safety.
- Our graduates will be able to communicate effectively in a bilingual setting and to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our graduates will be able to build upon their undergraduate education, expand and adapt their knowledge and skills into their chosen career path.
- Undergraduate students and their families.
- Current graduate students and post doctoral fellows.
- Alumni and benefactors.
- Employers of graduates.
- State and federal agencies.
- Local community and businesses.
- Faculty and staff.
- Academic community.