Only online application is available through the Office of Graduate Studies webpage at:
Instructions are given online as you fill in the application form and pay the corresponding fees. Nevertheless, be aware that in addition to your personal and professional background you will be requested to provide:
- Contact information from three professional that can provide letters of recommendation (to be submitted by them online).
- Submit Statement of Purpose. The Statement of Purpose is divided in two parts.
- Part 1: This statement should be an essay written in English or Spanish that includes the following information: why have you decided to pursue a graduate degree, why have you decided to apply to the University of Puerto Rico, if you have any particular preference for a research area and, finally, discuss any problems or inconsistencies in your records and any special situations that are not disclosed elsewhere in the application.
- Part 2: This statement should be an essay written in English that includes the following information: what are your aspirations once you acquire your graduate degree and discuss in detail your research experiences and accomplishments such as awards and publications (if any).
Additional documents required by the Office of Graduate Studies are:
- One (1) official transcript including all university level approved courses.
- Transcript /certificate of conduct.
- Degree certification (if not specified in transcript)
The Office of Graduate Studies screens out applications that do not meet the criteria described above and incomplete applications. Academic departments only receive completed applications.