- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related areas.
- Basic knowledge of Spanish and English.
Submit Statement of Purpose. The Statement of Purpose is divided in two parts.
Part 1: This statement should be an essay written in English or Spanish that includes the following information: why have you decided to pursue a graduate degree, why have you decided to apply to the University of Puerto Rico, if you have any particular preference for a research area and, finally, discuss any problems or inconsistencies in your records and any special situations that are not disclosed elsewhere in the application.
Part 2: This statement should be an essay written in English that includes the following information: what are your aspirations once you acquire your graduate degree and discuss in detail your research experiences and accomplishments such as awards and publications (if any)
- Grade average in bachelor’s studies, or equivalent, of either one of the following:
- General point average (GPA) of 3.0 (in a 4.0 scale)b or more
- Departmental point average (DPA) of 3.0 (in a 4.0 scale) or more
- 3.0 (in a 4.0 scale) or more in the last 60 / (if 75% of the / are in ChEg) or five semesters of study
- Certified transcript of conduct from the Bachelor’s or Master’s institution
Departmental Graduate Studies Committee may exempt applicants with a higher educational degree of this requirement.
The Office of Graduate Studies determines the equivalency amongst grade systems, following the World Education Services (WES) International Grade Conversion Guide for Higher Education.